Friday, January 19, 2018

2018 Mario Lemieux Foundation Fund Raising Campaign

Time to do something crazy again?

     As in years past (the last 4) I will again be running for the Mario Lemieux Foundation.  Each year the goal has been to raise $2500.00.   We've been able to achieve that each of the four years so far.  I have been honor to be able to raise money, as well as blessed to know all of you that have donated.  It really is a blessing, and I could not be more proud of everyone I know with every hard earned dollar that they donate.

Team Lemieux, 4 years running
     The first year I ran for charity, we had a little fun with the fundraiser.  We were able able to raffle off some great prizes including signed Mario Lemeiux Memorabilia!  I've was happy to be able to give back.  I'd like to do that again this year and I will, but I would like to be able to give back to all of you and not just a few lucky winners.

Men's Training Gear
     This year, I would like to give everyone an unofficial marathon finisher medal.  It won't be the medal that we get for crossing the finish line, but it will be something that I am able to design and give to you all.   Everyone that donates $10.00 or more will receive a custom made Pittsburgh Marathon Team Lemieux finisher medal.  Again, this is by my design and may not be too fancy (because I'm not really an artist) nor is it in an official medal provided by the foundation or the Pittsburgh marathon.

Some of the other wonderful prizes I'd like to present to some of you are:

Women's Training Gear
     - At $750 raised, we will raffle a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card

     - At $1250 raised, we would like to raffle off a signed Mario Lemieux oil painting, complete with a certificate of authentication.

     - At $1500 raised, I will raffle off a P3R 10 Year Anniversary training shirt.

Should we try this again?  Oh god no.....
     - If we raise $2000 by February 28th, I will do something that I've done before, but that was four years ago.  The first year that I ran for charity, we raised over $5600.00.  To do this, I wore a dress to a Pens game (as seen above as some of you remember) as well as while DJing.  I've since retired from DJing, but I am in a band.  With that being said, my band will be playing at the Hangar in Moon Township on Saturday March 3rd.  If we raise $2000 by February 28th, I will perform our entire show while wearing a dress.   I get that this was fun and silly the last time I chose this option, but I never wanted to do it again (one and done, right?)  I still don't want to do it again, but what a sight to see, right?  What say you folks?

     - Lastly, once we do hit the $2500 goal, I will run all 26.2 miles in a full flamingo suit.  You've seen the suit many times.  I've given the suit a "test run."   It can be done, and it will be done as long as we hit the goal!  Also, one of YOU will win a signed Mario Lemieux hockey Helmet!!!!


26.2 miles dressed like this????
     I'll also have many other prizes to raffle off throughout the campaign, such as some Honey Stinger prizes, etc.   All we need is your support, as we have had it in the past.  What say you folks?  Let's do this one more time!


Sinceriously,

Chuck Hull
The Running Jedi

#runpgh #10yearsrunning #runnerofsteel #HSHive #26miles26dedications

Click here to donate!




No comments:

Post a Comment