Friday, April 22, 2016

Over $10K Raised for the Mario Lemieux Foundation!

   

     I think the headline there says it all.  Since I had met my fundraising goal, I decided to take a look back and see what WE have all accomplished in the last three years since I started on this journey, this quest, to give back to the community.

     Back in 2014, when I decided to run to charity, the main reason was because I had never done something like this before.  I was 41 years old, but what had I actually done to give back?  Buying a hoagie from a kid in band, having high school sports teams wash my car, and buying girl scout cookies doesn't really count.  So, I decided that if I was going to run, I was going to run for charity.  And I have.   I've joined fundraisers for the Mario Lemieux Foundation four times now, and each time I've met my fundraising goals.   Hell, I've exceeded them. WE'VE exceeded them.   I do mean that too, because I could not have done this for three years now without the help of all of you.  So, what did we do?  What did we accomplish?  How much did we raise?

     WE have raised a grand total of $10,356.10 as of 12:00 PM today, April 22, 2016.  WOW!  I cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for this accomplishment.   This was no easy task, and it blows my mind.  It's amazing! It's outstanding!  Sinceriously!  Your generosity has led to this.  I have never been more humbled in all of my life.  You have all made me a better person.  You have all made me a better man.  For that, I thank you.

     And, with all of that being said, I just wanted to take the time to thank and recognize all of those that have donated to my fundraising campaigns these last few years.  It's because of you that we had this amount of success.

Justin Adams
Max Alamo
Mike Alberter
Danielle Amiano
Bernie Auguer
Cara Bartlett
Michelle Beck
Brad Benson
Bryan Benson
Colleen Bidden
Janelle Biemel
Susan Bivona
Mike Bober
Trever Booher
Monica Born
April Boyce and Family
Susan Brandt
Stephen Brooks
Amber Capra Hill
Peter Cardimen and family
Lela Checoo
Cy And Joanne Clark
Shannon Clark
Shelby and the Cole Family
Jessica Cook
David Cordell
Bob Coulter
Jamie, Kelly, and Morgan Davis
Dawn DeCeco
Roger and Samantha DeFurio
Toni DeGraff
Terri Demelio
Bryan Diana
David Doughty
Amy Egan
Michael Ehman
Paul Ehrenfeld
Cindy Eidson Chamberlain
Susan Evans and Family
Craig Ewing
Todd Fedak
Karyn Fife
Sean Fluharty
Arla Foley
Alison Gardner
Carrie Glozzer
Jennifer Gorrell (And Squid and Doodle)
Eric and Stephanie Haas and family
Lindsay Haddad
Brenda and Bobby Hall
David, Bonnie, Stella Jane, and Marina Grace Hamstead
John and Dara Harper
Pamela Heckman
Dan Henn
Joy Herstine
Christine Hess
Steffanie Hite
Mike and Dawn Hluben
Ed and Jennifer Hogan
Linda Holmes
Polly Hoover
LeeAnn and Bob Howard
Eric Hoye
Marlene Hull and Mike Burns
Danielle Hunt
Joey Isaac
Mike Jackson
Tony James
Jim Jankovic
Jekyl And Hyde patrons
Kim, Kayla, and Chloe Jurica
Patty Kaupinis
Eric Kiefer
Laurie Kikel
Don Koffler
Doug, Kathy, Kaelee, and Kolson Koffler
Kimberly Koltick
Kristin Koltick
Barb Kress
Kathie Kujawa
Dana Lang
Savoia LaRocca
Meredich Lefforge Ziemniak
Kristine Lewis
Megan Lewis
Karlin Litchke
Megan Loftis
Karen Luca
Anthony Majetic
Sara Majetic
Sue Majetic
Nancy Maltese
Angela Marczak
Vera Marek
Christie Martin
Marcia Mattice
Lou Mazer and family
Karla and Todd McIntyre
Virginia Mersing
Linda Metens
Jessica Modelo
Cathy Morrow and family
Meighan Nelson
Bekki Nicholson
Eric Noll
Debbie Norkevicus
Rhoda Oktela
Jennifer Olzinger
Eric and Marger Pensentadler
Allison Purdue
Alfred Peterson
Aaron, Jennifer, Sarah And Emily Plunkett
Paul Rasmussen
Sharon Rectenwald
Eileen Reilly
Rich and Holly Rhodes and family
Lisa Richetti
Jessica Roland
Lois Roney
Ron Russitano
Mike Sears
Joey Lynn Shazer
Kathy Shuckhart
Jim Sieroslawski
Linda Smith
Debra Steckel
Carole Stevens
Debbie Stucke Szczypinski and family
Bridget Stuckey
Susan Sullivan and Family
Michelle Szell
Renee Tarquinio
Katie Thornton
Kim Tidrick
Tracy Tighe
Tony The Mailman
Tina Venanzio
Kim and Steve Wagner
Michael Waldman and Family
Bobbi Walker and Family
Kyra Walters
Katie Weinhold
Karynne Williams
Becky Wilson
Dawn Wyatt
Ali Wyrostek
Carie Young
Nichole Zablocki
Chrissie Zanis
Tony Zanis
Diana Ziemniak
Tracy Zurcher
Friends of Sara Majetic at QBE

And a Random Pens Fan who gave me $20 bucks on the street when he saw me in that god awful pink dress after the Pens Game (They won that game too, FYI.)


     Whew!  I hope that I did not leave anyone out.  If I did, please forgive me. There were quite a few of you as you can see.

     Again, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.  I could not have done any of this without the help of all of you.  I really couldn't.  I am humbled.  I am grateful.  I am thankful.  You all did way more than you needed to do, and I do hope that one day I can find a way to repay you all.  We did this together.  We did this as strangers.  We did this as friends.  We did this as a family.


Down to the last week of training, so until next time, keep on running.

Sinceriously,

Chuck Hull.....The Running Jedi

#runpgh #gameonpgh #26miles26dedications

PS: There is still time to donate (up until Sunday May 1st) so if you have not already and you would like to, you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment