Monday, January 11, 2016

The introduction to this blog, and my quest.

Just a brief introduction to this blog.  I meat to leave all of this in the header so that it's there permanently, however it only limited me to 500 characters or less.

                First a foremost, I’m not a writer by any stretch of the word.  Heck, I wouldn’t even consider me a blogger.  I mean, I haven’t had any formal training with this sort of thing, however, it feels like a fun thing to do.

                I decided this year that I’m going to run a full marathon.  I’ve been running for the better part of 5 years now, and the last two or three I’ve really picked things up and focused a lot more on more than just the run.  I’ve dropped a lot of weight, and I’ve gained a love for running, and all things associated with it.

                I’m calling this my quest for 26.2 for Team Lemieux.  I have raised money for The Mario Lemieux Foundation the last couple of years, and I thought about not doing so this year because I wanted my sole focus to be on those 26.2 miles, and nothing else.  That is just plain selfish of me.  I can still focus on the task at hand while trying to do my best to raise money for a good cause.  So that’s what I’m doing.  The main goal is only $1600.00 this year, and my minimum us $100.00.  To donate, you can click this link:


                I’m not sure what I’ll be writing about.  I mean, how much can you write about running?  Well, there are countless magazines so apparently a lot!

                I’ll mostly just write about what’s on my mind during a run, or even the run itself.  I’ll talk about some races.  I’ll talk about music.  I’ll talk about me in general.  Maybe I’ll have some stories to tell.  Maybe I’ll have some lessons to teach.  I may be funny from time to time, and I may be serious.  But, if anything, I’m just going to write and hope that you read.  I'm definitely going to tweak things as well to make it look a little nicer.  I'm just learning the ropes and how to do this.  In the meantime, leave some comments if you wish. Share you thoughts, or even your experiences.   It’s a small world out there, and we are only here for a brief period of time.  Let’s do something great together.  Let’s get out there and run.

Sinceriously (this is a word, so says Stephen Amell, start of the CW's Arrow),


Chuck Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment